Fitness in the Kitchen!!
- 2 lb. ground organic turkey
- 2 organic peppers, chopped (any color)
- 1-2 large onions, diced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large organic carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 x 15oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 x 15oz. can diced tomatoes1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 x 28oz. can black beans (can reduce to 15oz. can)
- 1 x 28oz. can kidney beans (can reduce to 15oz. can)
- 2-3 cups water, add 2 then 1 or 2 more later as needed
- Spices: 4+ tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp (or more) paprika, 1 tbsp (or more) cayenne, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 1/2 tsp celery seed, Himalayan salt (to taste), Red pepper flakes (to taste)
Directions: In a pot, heat the oil and garlic. Next, add onions, peppers, carrots, and celery and sauté until golden. Add turkey and cook until lightly browned. Next, add everything else. Bring to boil and then simmer uncovered until sauce is thick for about 3 hours (add water and spices as desired).